Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Please Raise your Hand if you Speak English - Only 30 out of 100 people ;o(


Please Raise your Hand if you Speak English - Only 30 out of 100 people ;o(

What happened to the America I once knew?
Where did all the English speaking people go?
When did Spanish become the number one spoken language in America?

Did I just wake up from a 50 year comma?
It seems like the older I get the more I don't understand what people are saying anymore, because they are not speaking the language I grew up with when I was younger ;o(


In 2014 I spent approx 90 days over a 5 month period in Alaska. And I would say that around 95% of the population of Anchorage speaks English.
So whenever I come back to Las Vegas or parts of California, I start feeling like I missed something.
Missed something or just can't understand what's going on around the South West because all I hear is the Spanish language, sometimes I even feel like I am in Mexico.
I would say off the top of my head that 70% of the language I hear all around me is ... Spanish.

Maybe this is another big reason I keep wanting to go back to Alaska ;o)


  • Learn English Free - English Learning Online

    www.learnenglish.de/
    Learn English Free Online - Helping people to learn British English since 1999. For the love of English.
  • British Council: LearnEnglish

    learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/
    British Council
    Welcome to LearnEnglishLearn English online with the help of this free website from the British Council with games, stories, listening activities and grammar ...
  • LearnEnglish Kids | British Council |

    learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/
    British Council
    LearnEnglish Kids has lots of free online games, songs, stories and activities for children to have fun and learn English too.
  • Learn English | EnglishClub

    https://www.englishclub.com/learn-english.htm
    Learn English. Welcome to the EnglishClub Learn English section, where you'll find everything for students of English, from lessons and resources to games and ...
  • Watsonville Aptos Adult Education: ENGLISH AS A ...

    waae-pajaro-ca.schoolloop.com/esl
    Students will learn to speak, listen to, read and write English in classes from beginning through advanced levels. Classes focus on interactive student activities ...
  • Learn English with Audio and Transliterations

    www.learn-english.co.il/index.html
    Learn English for ESL and EFL students. The Free! site includes Menus, Translations and Transliterations in Chinese, French, Hebrew, Russian and Spanish.
  • Learn English free with USA Learns!

    www.usalearns.org/
    Learn English free online at USA Learns! Fun videos and activities teach basic and intermediate ESL to adults around the world.
  • Learn English

    www.tolearnenglish.com/
    Welcome to http://www.ToLearnEnglish.com - the site to learn English! By an ESL 




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment